Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Ancient Times

I am trying to figure out when was the last time I had my tooth extracted? Can't remember really...

Probably it was the year of 2000, on the day we went on the pilgrimage from Kiabakari to Musoma Cathedral during the celebrations of the Great Jubilee Year of 2000. And on that fatal day my tooth put me into the world of inexpicable pain that I could not bear anymore, so I left my parishioners at the cathedral and rushed to Musoma government hospital for help. Help I got indeed but the way the dentist extracted my ailing tooth was far worse than my nightmares. Needless to say, I had to see the dental surgeon in Poland later on to fix cut gums and do some damage repairs...

So today it will be eleven years since I got my tooth extracted. Not a bad record, to be honest, considering how sensitive my teeth are and how rarely I have opportunity to visit the dentist for routine maintenance.

Yes, the pain in one of my teeth that were treated years back is unbearable now, and after consulting the dentist yesterday, she decided to remove it. So, here I am, getting ready to go to the dental surgeon for this procedure.

I do hope I'll be able to work normally today after the procedure as the time is short and counting down to the day of my return to Tanzania is going on...

Keep your fingers crossed so that I be docile and gentle to the doctor! Better to cooperate with him than to look like this handsome gentleman...




No comments:

Post a Comment