Wednesday, September 12, 2012

False Prophet

While I was reading today's Gospel I felt uneasy. And I noticed that those present in the morning Mass were still and quiet and their face expression changed...


"Raising his eyes toward his disciples Jesus said:

"Blessed are you who are poor,
for the Kingdom of God is yours.
Blessed are you who are now hungry,
for you will be satisfied.
Blessed are you who are now weeping,
for you will laugh.
Blessed are you when people hate you,
and when they exclude and insult you,
and denounce your name as evil
on account of the Son of Man.
"Rejoice and leap for joy on that day!
Behold, your reward will be great in heaven.
For their ancestors treated the prophets
in the same way.

But woe to you who are rich,
for you have received your consolation.
But woe to you who are filled now,
for you will be hungry.
Woe to you who laugh now,
for you will grieve and weep.
Woe to you when all speak well of you,
for their ancestors treated the false
prophets in this way.
"" (Lk 6:20-26)

This morning Jesus raised His eyes towards us, celebrating the morning Mass, and told us these bitter-sweet words, challenging our consciences and mind, our life attitudes and day to day praxis. Now it is up to us to measure our lives against the message of today's Gospel.

Am I rich? Am I filled? Am I enjoying myself and my life too much? What about when people praise me and speak well of me? Am I then a false prophet?

Jesus, Son of the Living God, have mercy on me, sinner!

No comments:

Post a Comment