Saturday, February 26, 2011

Mlimani City

I have noticed just recently that some of my friends call my place in Kiabakari - Mlimani City (Mlimani in kiswahili meaning on the mountain, thus making the whole expression - a City on the Mountain). It is not by chance that they like to use this combinaton of words as the 'real' (arguably) Mlimani City is a huge (by Tanzanian standards) shopping mall off Sam Nujoma road in Dar es Salaam, in the vicinity of Dar es Salaam University, called 'Mlimani' itself as it has been located in the hilly countryside, back then on the western outskirts of Dar es Salaam - by now almost in the middle of it, as the city expanded rapidly in the short time, reaching some 5+ million inhabitants...


Whenever I go to Mlimani City, as I am intending to do right now to get some stuff for lunch tomorrow as I expect friends visiting and want to cook for them, I remember Kiabakari, the real Mlimani City, the Mountain City of Merciful God, where His Divine Mercy dwells and where - contrary to Dar's Mlimani City - you don't need any money or ATM card to be able to feel at home there...

Mlimani City - Kiabakari


Mlimani City - Dar




No comments:

Post a Comment