Thursday, August 1, 2013

Into The Unknown

The first day of August marks the beginning of my one week long or so holidays after the hectic July with the most important week of the year 14-20/7/2013 - the ordination of our deacon Augustino Barageti Mapambano, children's fiesta in honor of the newly ordained priests and Thanksgiving Mass of Fr. Augustino in his family home.

Our guest and volunteer, Jane, who decided to spend her annual holidays with us in Kiabakari, has finished her work in our pre-school and yesterday we flew in to Dar es Salaam. Thank God she returned safely back home to Rome, Italy, and sent me a SMS around noon time saying that she is indeed back home.

So, I can begin my short vacations now. Today I went around the town visiting various dealers and suppliers for our development projects, finalizing process of picking up medical equipment for our health center.

Tomorrow morning I will set off from Dar es Salaam heading down south in my quest to visit and explore the so called Southern Circuit. This is the unknown territory to me. Never been there so far. It will take some 2,500 km in general by car, getting me first to Kilwa Kivinje, Kilwa Masoko, Kilwa Kisiwani, then to Selous Game Reserve, Lindi, Mtwara, Masasi, Tunduru, Songea, Makambako, Iringa, Morogoro and back to Dar es Salaam.

I do hope for some good photo opportunities, relaxing time and delicious seafood on the way. All this in my quest to clear up my head from the stress of organizing the past events, restoring my serenity and inner strength to tackle the remaining months of this year and - in particular - finishing successfully our development projects.

Let the adventure begin!


No comments:

Post a Comment