Friday, May 22, 2015

27th Anniversary Of My Ordination To Priesthood

On the day like today, 27 years ago, His Eminence Franciszek Cardinal Macharski, ordained sixty six new priests for the Archdiocese of Kraków, Poland. One of them was me. Please, join me in a celebration of this special anniversary to our ordination class of 1988. The recollection day, the Holy Mass, silent adoration of the Eucharist. A day of gratitude and penitence. A day of joy and meditation. A day of opening up anew to the Holy Spirit and inviting Him anew in my life. A day of reflecting upon the motto of my ordination card (souvenir) -

"The Spirit of the Lord GOD is upon me; because the LORD hath anointed me to preach good tidings unto the meek; he hath sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives, and the opening of the prison to them that are bound; to proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD, and the day of vengeance of our God; to comfort all that mourn." (Is 61:1-2)

Please, visit the the following links to read more about that day, to see the pictures and sing with us the song we sung in the ordination Mass on May 22, 1988 in Wawel cathedral, Kraków, Poland.

No comments:

Post a Comment