Thursday, May 20, 2010

Catch 22

This Saturday, May 22nd, 2010, I will celebrate 22nd Anniversary of my priesthood I received through the hands of His Eminence Franciszek Cardinal Macharski, Archbishop of Kraków, Poland, on Sunday of the Solemnity of Pentecost in Kraków's cathedral. My ordination class 1988 is the largest in the 1000 years long history of Archdiocese of Kraków, as far as the number of deacons ordained for the diocese the same year - we were almost seventy who were ordained that day....

Twenty two years passed since that day. In retrospective, I must say, all mysteries of rosary have been revealed and relived in my life - joyful, luminous, sorrowful and glorious as well...The Lord led me through various situations and made me to experience the full spectrum of human feelings and emotions - from elation and euphoria down to despair and darkness. I am immensely grateful to Him for giving me such a wonderful life. I could not ask for more.

At the same time my heart is filled with emotions, gratitude, joy, pride, satisfaction but also - sorrow, disappointment, pity and contrition for all mistakes and falls I went through in my priestly life.

I will celebrate a special Holy Mass of the Anniversary on Pentecost Vigil, on Saturday afternoon at 5pm in Divine Mercy Shrine in Kiabakari, in spiritual union with my classmates, praying for those who are strong and pressing ahead, for those who are feeble and weak, for those who passed away and for those who left...May God have mercy on us all! And Saint Francis of Assisi, our Saint Patron of the class, may protect us and pray for us always till we arrive safely to the House of the Father in heaven.

Your prayers for us, dear reader, are appreciated very much!

Here are twenty two pictures for the twenty second Anniversary of our priesthood we were consecrated to on May 22nd, 1988...

My ordination class 1988 (can you find me?)
 With my Mum (in the middle) and Godparents right after Ordination Mass on May 22nd. 1988
With secondary and university students on our way from Sułkowice (my first parish) to Kalwaria Zebrzydowska in 1989
Spring 1990 - with my students from my second parish - Jaworzno-Osiedle Stałe
Portiuncula in Assisi - 5 January 1990 - a personal pilgrimage to Patron of my ordination class right before flying out to Tanzania to begin my missionary apostolate
Our Lady of Lourdes church in Drogheda, County Louth, Ireland - my personal 'missionary formation center' - wonderful three months among wonderful people, unforgettable experience!
St. Peter's parochial church in Drogheda - the main church in my parish (We had two churches in Drogheda parish and there are still two as far as I know)
Hospitalized in Medical Missionary of Mary hospital in Drogheda, had some health problems, but I was okey soon after
Makoko Language School in Musoma, Tanzania - my class - May 1991
Rookie times - my first Palm Sunday in Kiabakari - 1991
1991 - on my way to the outstation with Zanaki parish choir
Holy Thursday 1991 - in Bukabwa outstation of Zanaki parish
Sacrament of Reconciliation in Kyawazaru outstation
1994 - during construction of Divine Mercy Shrine in Kiabakari
November 1997 - my private thanksgiving pilgrimage to Fatima after successful completion of the construction of Divine Mercy Shrine and its dedication on July 3, 1997 in Kiabakari
August 17, 2001 - Apostolic Nuncio in Tanzania raises the parochial church in Kiabakari to the dignity of Diocesan Shrine of Divine Mercy
2003 - in Musoma Cathedral Parish with fellow priests, Fr. John Chacha and Fr. Kazimierz Króżel
February 26, 2003 - closing of the Jubilee Door after Golden Jubilee of Musoma Cathedral Parish
January 26, 2006, Butiama, Tanzania - sworn in as a postulator of beatification process of the Servant of God, Mwalimu Julius Kambarage Nyerere
2007 - during one of the pilgrimages to Divine Mercy Shrine in Kiabakari
2008 - Baptisms in the shrine
"What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me?
I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD.
I will pay my vows unto the LORD now in the presence of all his people. 
I will offer to thee the sacrifice of thanksgiving,and will call upon the name of the LORD.
I will pay my vows unto the LORD now in the presence of all his people.
In the courts of the LORD's house, in the midst of thee,O Jerusalem. 
Praise ye the LORD."
(Psalm 116)
In Te, Domine, speravi...non confundar in aeternum!



1 comment: