Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Bibi Kizee

This Swahili term means 'old woman'. This is a name my old truck Toyota Hilux should be named. Having served me and others for eighteen years faithfully, she is coming to the retirement age...


Today I spent yet another day in the garage fixing this and that, as the truck of this age, working tirelessly on tarmac and offroad, is never ok. There is always something that needs fixing or changing. My bibi kizee has become a money sack without bottom and the cost of its maintenance and running is becoming unbearable...

Yet the prospect of getting new truck is a very remote one, as I have been trying for several years to obtain financial assistance to help me in purchasing a new vehicle. I know that the truck may run for a few more years, but the cost of its running will become very expensive and beyond my financial means.

Still, I love this truck and will take care of her till the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment