Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Darkness Rationing

The call it power rationing, load shedding. But in fact it has become such a nuisance, such a pain in the backside that I cannot but call it 'darkness rationing'! Tanesco does not even follow their own power cuts schedule anymore. The power goes off at any time now, and we have just a few hours of electricity on average in a period of 48 hours. I don't want even think or count anymore how much this situation cost me money in terms of burnt out appliances and petrol and maintenance of the generator I run from time to time when really in need. Total failure. I don't want to think about economy implications of this state for all Tanzanians especially those who depend totally on power. I read somewhere that only 40% of all Tanzanian companies, big and small businesses run on generators these days. The rest sits and cannot do anything, they just cry and count losses. God help us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment