Sunday, May 13, 2012

Fatima

Ninety five years ago, on this very calendar day, May 13th, 1917, three little children had their very first encounter with the Lady from Heaven. Our Lady of Fatima, the Queen of Peace, the Queen of the Holy Rosary, continued to meet with the children every month on the same day, the thirteenth of each month, except August when children were in jail (read the history of apparitions here). The Fatima Message and the personal devotion to Our Lady of Fatima is one of two major pillars of my personal spirituality. The other is the Divine Mercy message. I wish I was there in Cova da Iria valley today. I will have to wait one more year though, as I plan to go on my third personal pilgrimage to Fatima (the first two in 1997 and 2001) next year when I will be celebrating the Silver Jubilee of my ordination to priesthood. This pilgrimage will have enormous importance to me in the whole scheme of the jubilee year. Today I am traveling in spirit to that sacred place joining pilgrims present there at the feet of the statue of Our Lady in the Apparition Chapel...

No comments:

Post a Comment