Sunday, July 22, 2012

It All Comes To This

Yet another sentence from today's Gospel of St Mark, chapter 6, caught my attention and came to me with unique force as I continue to struggle with this flu and was forced to stay home and celebrate the Holy Mass in private in the house chapel this morning: 'The apostles gathered together with Jesus and reported all they had done and taught'...

They came back to Jesus to report on what they have been doing in His name. And this is precisely what each priest, indeed, each Christian should do in her/his daily life - going back to Jesus to report, to consult, to share, to ask, to plea, to beg, to open up to Him, to allow Him to enrich our lives, its meaning, its purpose, its value, deeply rooting ourselves in Him. He is the benchmark of all we do, think and say as Christians. He is the source and the summit of our lives. Without Him we will just wander and pretend we live fully our lives.

I had this unique opportunity to go back to Jesus this morning, celebrating the Holy Mass in private, use Him and me, being unable to go to church for the regular Sunday Mass, which I asked my major seminarian to celebrate as the Liturgy of the Word and distribute the Holy Communion to the faithful; and to report to Him in the privacy of the house chapel, alone, to share my doubts, concerns and ask Him for help and Mercy, for Light and guidance, for forgiveness and strength...

Saint Paul wrote in the Second Letter to Corinthians: 'Therefore, that I might not become too elated, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, an angel of Satan, to beat me, to keep me from being too elated. Three times I begged the Lord about this, that it might leave me, but he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for power is made perfect in weakness.” I will rather boast most gladly of my weaknesses, in order that the power of Christ may dwell with meTherefore, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and constraints, for the sake of Christ; for when I am weak, then I am strong'.


Yes, it all comes to this - going back to Jesus realizing that I am weak, fragile and that I make all sorts of mistakes. But once reconnected to Him, rooting myself in Him, I am becoming strong. And my life and even my mistakes start to make sense in the Light of the Salvation.


No comments:

Post a Comment