Tuesday, August 12, 2014

III World Apostolic Congress on Mercy - Bogotá 2014

Hola! Buenos dias!

Thanks be to Merciful Lord for the safe journey from Krakow via Warsaw via Frankfurt to Bogotá, the capital city of Colombia. I was met by my hosts at the airport last evening and driven to my location in the commercial city center where I will stay throughout my stay in country.

I have two days to overcome the jetlag and to get used to the altitude (2600 m above sea level) before the actual Congress starts on Thursday afternoon, beginning with the registration and handout of packages for the participants.

So, I guess I will do some city sightseeing with my hosts, buy a local Sim Card with data package, after that we will go to the major Shrine of the city on the mountain at Montserrate. Then today still or tomorrow we plan to go to the Andes and the countryside.

Since I am not a tourist who wants to tick off page long list of things to do and places to see, I will do it my way. Slowly, meeting first people, learning their ways, their look at the local matters, trying to grasp the soul of the country and its people, the culture, the customs, the present and the past intertwined in daily people's lives. Also, to share a smile and a good laugh with my friends here over a local food and drinks.

When the Congress sessions begin on Friday morning, you will be able to follow its proceedings on www.wacomcolombia.org or watch it live on internet TV at www.cristovision.org (click the tab - III Congreso Apostolico Mundial de la Misericordia). More to follow as the Congress unfolds. Don't go away :)

Que pase un bien diá! Have a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment