Wednesday, August 10, 2011

In The Reflective Mood

Since yesterday, when we went to celebrate fiftieth birthday anniversary of one of our Fidei Donum Polish missionaries in diocese of Musoma, I've been into a reflective mood. Looking at that guy, who just turned fifty, I recalled vividly times we spent together in the major seminary, as he was my classmate (till when we were ordained as deacons) and my roommate (at one time). Time flies so fast. It will take me two more years and I will turn fifty myself. When did all these years come and pass? Life is truly a short project and as we are on the downhill part of it at this point of our life journey, I guess this makes for a reflective mood and a serious examination of conscience... Well, fifty behind him (already) and me (almost). How many more ahead? Only God knows. I don't care but I hope we learned something by now and the remaining years of our lives will be pleasing to God and lived wisely, piously and fruitfully, working tirelessly in the vineyard of the Lord, till He comes and calls us off duty.

No comments:

Post a Comment