Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Crisis

In London and elsewhere riots unfold. Here, in Tanzania, standoff between the government and the fuel suppliers continue, causing havoc to people's lives. Google the topic (example: click here)and you will have plenty articles to browse through dealing with the  chaos...


Musoma has been affected too. I was forced to buy fuel yesterday at old, higher price, and without a receipt, so the disobeying fuel stations won't be caught with hard evidence. I will spend a couple of days in Dar es Salaam in the near future before I fly to Poland, and the situation worries me as I will depend on taxis and friends getting me from one place to the other. If the fuel shortage continues as it is now, or the fuel is sold under the table for two-three times higher prices as normal, all my busy schedule for Dar may lie in ruin. Keeping my fingers crossed for the successful solution of the trouble.

No comments:

Post a Comment