Monday, August 8, 2011

Lord's Dogs

In Krakow, where I come from, we used to call Dominican friars - Lord's Dogs, translating literally their Latin  name - Domini Canes (Lord's Dogs). Well, they may not bark in defense of the Lord, but surely their voice is out loud and clear in the field of preaching in the Catholic Church...
 
I happen to blessed with friendship with a few of the best sons of St. Dominic from different parts of the world, and I recall vividly times spent together, shared experiences, missionary work, retreats we did together for the youth and so forth.

This morning, when I celebrated the Holy Mass in honor of St. Dominic, I prayed for the whole congregation and in particular for my Dominican friends, especially for Fr. Benedict Croell, OP, who is the closest friend to me and we have been through some great things together in Musoma, Kisumu (Kenya) and lately, in Washington, DC, where he has been working as vocational director for some time now (read his blog here).

This short video was recorder in the Dominican House of Studies in Washington, where Ben resides in the adjacent priory.


Happy Patron Feast Day, Ben!








No comments:

Post a Comment