Thursday, July 28, 2011

The Dwelling

The First Reading of today's Liturgy. The first part of it describing in detail construction process of the Dwelling of the Lord. Moses busy with myriads of things, putting them together exactly according to the Plan given to him by God. And then, once God has taken the possession of the Dwelling, Moses was unable to enter it again...
 

This passage of the Holy Scripture recalled memories of own struggle to build the House for the Lord on top of Divine Mercy Hill in Kiabakari. Every stone, every block, every steel bar, everything went through my hands, was purchased by me or was supervised by me...

Then, on July 3, 1997, everything changed. Through the liturgy of the dedication of the church and the anointment of its walls and altar with the Holy Chrism, the Presence of the Lord filled the House and since that very moment I never felt the same about the Dwelling as I felt before. From the status of being a Builder / Constructor / Owner of the Project I have become in an instant a Guest in the House of the Lord... And it felt so much better...

It's a bit weird feeling though, entering so much familiar to me the Shrine in Kiabakari, with a freshness of the sensation of knowing every time anew that the Lord is in there, directing my eyes automatically towards the tabernacle and the eternal lamp, then looking at places where the pillars of the church were anointed...

The Mystery of the Presence transforming the familiar structure into sacred world...

No comments:

Post a Comment