Sunday, July 10, 2011

The Seed

When we communicate with God, we tend to ask Him for prefabricated goods, final products, toys that do not demand much input or effort on our part, but bring us instant pleasure and gratification. Unfortunately, God has only one thing to offer. The seed...



 As I went through today's Gospel, I asked myself if I  really grew up and matured at least a bit or I am still at the level of a small boy who wants toys and instant gifts from the Father in Heaven. With zero effort on my side.

God has His hands full of seeds He offers to me for free in hope that I can accept them and my heart is suitable enough for the seeds to root in a soil of my heart and bear fruit.


I am not sure though if my heart is good enough and friendly enough the seeds of the Word of God.

Sometimes it may resemble a highway which is trampled on by armies of temptations, distractions, people - without filtering them, guarding the heart from turning into barren land.

Sometimes my heart may resemble Kiabakari surroundings with rocky hills and bits and pieces of soil here and there in between. I may jump onto ideas, enthusiastic about projects, visions, goals, yet dying soon, giving up, getting bored, resigning in the face of difficulties or prolonged periods of fight and endurance in painstaking process of reaching a distant goal that seems never getting any nearer...

Sometimes my heart may look like a club or disco, busy market or transportation hub, full of worries, conflicting interests, challenges, daily duties, in a noise where the Word of God is barely heard or not heard at all...

But I know that there is nothing impossible to God. And if I present my troubled heart to Him today, and am willing to work with Him on my heart hand in hand, He is able to turn my heart into fertile garden which will bear eventually hundredfold harvest...

Oh God, Eternal Sower, till my heart and make it worthy of Your Divine Seed, so we may become one...

No comments:

Post a Comment