Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Long Goodbyes

I don't like them. Don't like the outbursts of emotions, teary eyes, sobs, long stares and inability to let people go... So it was brief yesterday, to not let my emotions, tears and sadness to show. Just a few words and a quick embrace, and they were gone into the check-in in Mwanza airport.



These two months flew like a lightning blast. It will take me long time to comprehend what has happened and what impact their presence and input in Kiabakari development they achieved... I feel grateful and indebted to them, the whole community does. And I hope our brief goodbye meant the end of the first chapter of our friendship, not the last, and that we will meet again soon and continue to work together for the benefit of Kiabakari and its people. Thank you, Marjanna and Marija, from the bottom of my heart, for what you are, what you stand for and what you have done for me and for my people in Kiabakari, especially the little ones!



No comments:

Post a Comment