Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Diocesan Synod

The Bishop of Musoma, Rt. Rev. Michael Msonganzila, announced his intent to open diocesan synod on July 12, 2012, on the day of the priestly ordination in Musoma Cathedral. He elected 28 members of the preparatory committee. I found myself included. Today we had the very first meeting of the committee, chaired by the Bishop himself. I must say that it was a very interesting experience and I felt the presence and the work of the Holy Spirit himself. Synodal works were set in motion, various small theme committees were established. I hope and pray the Holy Spirit will firmly guide us and keep us focused on what is important for this time in the Diocese of Musoma. I have high hopes after this meeting. Please, put this important ecclesiastical event which will last till 2014 in your kind prayers! God bless the Synod! God bless the Diocese of Musoma! God bless us all!

No comments:

Post a Comment