Sunday, July 25, 2010

Humanae Vitae

Today, apart from liturgical celebration of the Feast of St. James, the Apostle, and the commemoration of St. Christopher, we commemorate also 42nd anniversary of the promulgation of Paul VI encyclical letter 'Humanae Vitae' which has become a sign of contradiction in the modern world...

Celebrating 40th anniversary of the encyclical, Holy Father Benedict XVI reaffirmed its validity: '"The truth expressed in 'Humanae Vitae' does not change," the Holy Father affirmed. "Quite the contrary, in the light of new scientific discoveries its teaching becomes more relevant and stimulates reflection on the intrinsic values it possesses."

Today, in a forceful and special way I wish to thank again my parents for not abandoning their hopes while they were searching for me in vain for the first four years after their marriage. They visited doctors, went for pilgrimages, and still could not conceive me. Then, the Lord heard their plea and saw their determination and hope and gave them me. I was born five years after their marriage. I expressed my gratitude to my Mum and Dad for their patience, hope and perseverance two years ago, when we celebrated their Golden Jubilee of their marriage. And I am still grateful that they allowed me to be and celebrate my life and the beauty of it!

I pray for all parents to follow the example of my parents. And allow their children to become children, to not lose hope when they cannot conceive at once, and to accept life when it comes unexpected, unplanned...

I found this picture on the net some time ago and it still touches me deeply...feel free to share it with others...


Happy and blessed Sunday to you all! Enjoy the gift of your life and take your time to thank your parents for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment