Saturday, July 31, 2010

Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam

Today the liturgy celebrates commemoration of St. Ignatius Loyola, the founder of the Society of Jesus (a religious order of Jesuits). The motto of Ignatius and Jesuits alike - 'Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam' (For the Greater Glory of God) resounds in the Holy Mother Church for the past five centuries and thousands followed its challenging message...


Jesuits have been close to my spirituality by two major factors. First, they were and still are closely associated - as spiritual directors and advisers -to the Congregation of the Sisters of Our Lady of Mercy to which belonged St. Sister Faustina, and to the Divine Mercy Message. Second, Jesuits are spiritual directors and advisers to the Congregation of Little Servants of Blessed Virgin Mary Immaculate Conceived, which is close to my heart, as I grew up in 'its shadow' so to speak, and now the Sisters of this Congregation are working in Kiabakari.

I have just celebrated a Holy Mass of the Commemoration in the chapel of the Provincial House of the Congregation, substituting for the Jesuit father, their chaplain, who is on his holidays. Remembering somehow Jesuit fathers who came to visit me a couple of months ago and slammed my finger accidentally in the door of the vehicle (read my post on this topic). They left me a permanent sign of my close relation to them as the finger still hurts and feels numb.

All this for the greater glory of God!




No comments:

Post a Comment