Thursday, May 5, 2011

Streams Of Water

The First Thursday of the month. As on every thursday, todays as well, and indeed - more so, more intensely, our thoughts and heart travel to the Upper Room in Jerusalem, where Jesus, the King of Mercy, instituted two Sacraments of Mercy and the third one which makes sure that the first two sacraments never run dry and are always available to us...

These first two sacraments are the Sacrament of Eucharist and the Sacrament of Reconciliation. The third one is the Sacrament of Holy Orders. These three were instituted in the same place, in the Upper Room...

Whenever I look at Divine Mercy picture, I always see the High Priest of New Covenant from whose heart full of Mercy streams of Divine Mercy water spring forth... These two rays - watery and bloody - are to me the signs of those two sacraments of Divine Mercy - the Sacrament of Reconciliation and the Sacrament of Eucharist. 


Whenever I put on my alb and stole, I feel transfigured into the person of Jesus, the High Priest of the New Covenant, the King of Mercy. Two ends of the stole are like two rays of Mercy...they are reminders of two streams of Divine Mercy that should never dry out in my priesthood. They remind me of my constant readiness to celebrate these sacraments - Reconciliation and Eucharist - that must spring forth from the mystery of my priesthood... The readiness to be available always for confessions. The readiness to celebrate the Eucharist for the people and with the people of God...



These were my thoughts when I celebrated this morning the Eucharist with my people... Then I recalled the first Psalm and these words:


"Happy those who do not follow the counsel of the wicked, 
Nor go the way of sinners, nor sit in company with scoffers.
Rather, the law of the LORD is their joy; 
God's law they study day and night.
They are like a tree planted near streams of water, 
that yields its fruit in season; 
Its leaves never wither; whatever they do prospers." (Ps 1:1-3)


Whenever we set our live on the basis of the two sacraments of Divine Mercy, we nothing else but the tree planted near streams of water that yields its fruit in season...

How happy are we indeed to have priests near us who make Divine Mercy so reachable to us - in confessional and at the altar... we should never cease to thank Jesus for this miracle of priesthood he gave to His Church as the most precious gift for us on our way to the Father's House... and pray for them so they may be truly the incarnation of Jesus, the King of Mercy and stay always safe from the temptations of the Evil One...


No comments:

Post a Comment