Monday, April 18, 2011

Chant

I have suddenly found myself this morning longing for a peaceful place to celebrate Holy Week and The Paschal Triduum, filled with echoes of gregorian chants, just like in the abbey of Solesmes. There is nothing more sublime in sacred music than a gregorian chant. It's notes are like finest feathers falling from angels' wings floating in the space consecrated by the presence of God and set in motion by human breath, filled with awe of God-With-Us... The perfectly crystal clear manner of praising Living God in the midst of the living community of His children...

As much as I appreciate and enjoy lively celebrations, songs and participation of my parochial community, there is a piece of me longing for solitude in which only gregorian chants and reverberation of silence exist... This is a longing of Elijah standing at the entrance of the cave on Mount Carmel waiting for God to pass in peace of the evening...

This is what I need at this point of time of my life. Sadly, I will have to create this space and dimension artificially, so to speak, as being alone in an active parish means getting involved in all aspects of preparations and celebrations, hectic time, hectic schedule... I will have to find time for myself to search for Living God, in the solitude of the tabernacle in my home chapel or outside communal celebrations in the shrine. 

And I know that this year gregorian chants will accompany me much closer than in previous years, as I feel empty and burned out and in need to be filled up to the brim again... Come, Holy Spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment