Friday, April 8, 2011

Ctrl+Alt+Del

Woke up this morning with a strange feeling as if not has happened in the passed 15 months when I was hosting six sisters in my house, due to the unfinished convent which was built by the deceased bishop of Musoma, Justin Samba (unfinished because of his premature death in 2006). Upon my comeback to Kiabakari from Musoma Cathedral in November 2006, I found this building in a poor shape. Had no money to continue the construction, neither new bishop who said that he found no money in the construction account of this project...

Sisters came on January 3, 2010, I had to give up my house to them as they had nowhere to go and thus we co-habitated here for the past fifteen months. Then I set off in September to ask for money to finish the convent. God helped me to meet fine people who helped a bit, not enough to be honest but enough to start, hoping that later on I may get some more additional help. I got some indeed but still I am left at the moment with a sizable debt of some USD 5 thousand to pay. Hopefully, God will help through the intercession of St. Gemma Galgani, the Saint Patron of the convent...

Yesterday sisters moved to their new house and I started feeling as they stay here for those past fifteen months was a mirage, a phantom, a dream rather that reality. I immediately switched back to my old habits and felt great in my house. Not me only, but my housekeeper and assistant as well.

I woke up in the morning as if nothing happened since January 3, 2010! I guess my desire and need to regain the house for me was so strong that my psyche deleted all records of sisters' presence instantly and restarted my system again. Ctrl+Alt+Del...


We threw ourselves since early hours this morning to restore the house to the state 'as it was before they came'. Starting with the kitchen and the dinning room, following with other rooms.

My thoughts are now with volunteers getting ready to come to Kiabakari, starting from the beginning of June this year. I have ample time to repaint here and there, buy necessary things for them and for the house.

And I feel how my psyche is back in a proper shape and energy, though tired and burnt out because of the hectic three months of the construction and preparations to move sisters to their new house.

But at least I can feel that I can recharge my inner batteries again in this house and be able to go back daily to my duties with all guns locked and loaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment