Sunday, April 10, 2011

TJ

TJ - a very pleasant abbreviation. TJ - Tumbo Juu - means in kiswahili 'belly up', resting, unwinding, lying down... This is what I've been doing for the last half an hour or so already as all guests left the house and I'm alone, happy and satisfied that today's blessing and opening of St. Gemma Galgani convent in my mission went well, with no glitches nor problems. Everybody is happy and me as well! Here are some pictures from today...














More pictures here. Thank you, Gemma, for believing that we can make it, that this day will come eventually, though through Red Sea of suffering, loneliness, abandonment, misunderstandings and people's bad mouths... Thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations dear Wojciech - what a wonderful achievement. I loved the pictures and all those happy sisters with their new convent. Nothing was spared and they will serve your mission well -it is good you have them and you have worked so hard to get the convent finished.Well done .
    I was also thinking of you today as we prayed for Poland on the anniversary of the Smolenk disaster. I remembered you specially. I heard a report on BBC one night re the outcome of the investigation and there seemed to be mixed reactions to the findings. Anyhow it won't bring back all those good people whose lives were cruelly cut short = may they rest in peace and may their deaths not be in vain but help bring unity and harmony to Poland and its neighbouring countries.
    I am glad you have a little space now to refresh your drooping spirits at the end of each hard day's work. Be gentle and kind to yourself and above all take care of your health. I hope you do not have too many more peas and cabbage days !!!!!
    God blessings on you and lots of love from all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much, Lena, for your kind words. I feel I need desperately some time for myself. I feel burned out and lifeless. It will take a few days to recover, or more, as I see this time it drained all my resources...

    God bless us all!

    ReplyDelete