Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Miracle

Today we have witnessed a miracle. In the morning, before we set off to Musoma for shopping with sisters, I called a manager of Tanesco in Musoma, reminding him of our conversation and my request to connect the convent with the power line. I paid in full last week, but the manager told me that normally it takes time for them to react as the demand is growing and their manpower not capable of responding to demands as fast as they wished...


So, I called in home that my perseverance and nuisance caused by constant calls will make him to heed to my desperation and connect the house.

He was not that forthcoming as I would have wished for, so my hopes were dealt a blow a bit, to be honest. Nevertheless, I was desperate to continue calling him in the afternoon.

To my surprise, when we came back from town around 2pm, I found Tanesco truck at the convent and their workers fixing the service line from the nearest pole to the convent. My bigger surprise was when I noticed that they put three phase LUKU meter (as I paid for and not as they wanted - a single phase, claiming that the house does not need three phase, while my arguments were that we need as the infrastructure will expand gradually and with it - a demand for power).





When we finally were able to switch on the first light in the convent, I came to realize that Pier Giorgo and Gemma made this miracle, on the very birthday anniversary of Pier Giorgio and St. Gemma's day when her stigmata disappeared...


Miracle DO happen, believe me... especially when we heard that Shirati convent was waiting for three years to get connected and we only 10 days... It's a miracle for Tanesco to come in just a few days and do this... though it sounds sarcastically as the lyrics of the song that just came up to my mind at this point of time...



No comments:

Post a Comment