Monday, April 4, 2011

The Last Three Things

"At last St. Gemma got her house she was waiting for for so long..." said Sr. Mary, the local superior of my sisters' community, smiling broadly and clapping hands. I have never seen her so jovial and happy. No wonder, I was ballistically happy and wanted to jump with joy, relief and satisfaction... Today is a day I have been waiting for far too long...


My heart was thumping when I was driving slowly around the Divine Mercy Hill towards St. Gemma Galgani convent in my mission this afternoon, carrying with me the last three items I wanted to put myself as the grand finale of my dream and work towards fulfilling this dream...

When I arrived at the main gate of the convent, I took those items and proceeded straight to the chapel of the house. Then I took a hand drill, made two holes, fix flushers and screws, then hanged on the wall two of those three items. The last one was fixed by my electrician.

Those three items were: the crucifix on the wall behind the altar, the picture of St. Gemma Galgani and the tabernacle light.



Saint Gemma finally found her home I promised to her many years ago - that one day I will build a sisters' convent in her honor. Took so long to fulfill my pledge, including unexpected transfer from Kiabakari to Musoma and comeback, but finally, today I looked at Saint Gemma in her picture and told her - 'Gemma, this is your house I promised to you. I am so happy and relieved! Thank you for helping me fulfill my promise!'

It came as a genuine surprise to see Sister Mary coming over at that moment precisely and sharing my happiness.

I left the chapel tapping walls of the house in excitement and smiling to myself, happy, relieved and satisfied. What a wonderful feeling!

I don't care anymore if Sunday event of the blessing of the convent will go well or not. It is not important to me personally. For me, the grand day was today, hanging Saint Gemma's picture (which was hanging on the dining room wall in my house for many many years, looking at me as if asking - when will you fulfill your pledge???) on the chapel wall.

Saint Gemma coming home at last! Wow! God is Great!

No comments:

Post a Comment