Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Hanging Bridge

Whenever I look in the empty eye sockets of the abyss of despair and helplessness, calling me into its nothingness, I find myself standing on the swaying bridge of friendship... I am so grateful to Good Lord for enriching my life with outstanding human beings I can call true friends... They, through the grace of God, push me forward, encourage me, pull me up and support when I lose heart and feel lost, hurt, misunderstood or hit by the evil...


This swaying hanging bridge is like my personal cross, which keeps me nailed to the Will of God and prevents me from escape... Surrounded by people of different kind and stature, some of them resembling the Roman soldiers who scourge me with their words or premeditated deeds, I found refuge and support in my true friends who know me and come to my aid whenever they see things are not going well.

This is a time like this... As we close in on the Holy Week and the Paschal Triduum, with everything that is going on around and in me, I feel how much I need my friends... to stand firmly on the bridge over the abyss and fear not the empty eye sockets of the abyss of despair, helplessness and lack of confidence...

Thank you for being a bridge for me in times like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment