Monday, March 18, 2013

Future Development Of Butiama District

I would like to draw your attention to the following link to the personal blog of Mr Godfrey Madaraka Nyerere, the son of the Father of the Nation, Mwalimu Julius Kambarage Nyerere - From Butiama and beyond...: Antoni Folkers visits Butiama.

I had a pleasure to talk extensively to Mr Folkers myself as he visited me last Wednesday in Kiabakari, on the request of Mr Mkono, who asked the architect to see a few local people in the new district of Butiama who - in Mr Mkono's opinion - should be consulted in this stage of the process of preparations of the master plan for the urban development of the future capital city of Butiama district, giving Mr Folkers views, opinions, hints from different angles.

I must admit, I was very impressed with scale and innovative approach to the planning. If this goes through, all I can say is - WOW!

No comments:

Post a Comment