Sunday, May 16, 2010

Vacant Mansions

I'm just about to reach and hold my breviary to say Second Vespers for the Solemnity of the Ascension of the Lord we've just celebrated today.

Jesus went back to Father's House to prepare places for each and everyone as He promised Himself: (I quote using old English translation which I love): 'In my Father's house are many mansions; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I come again, and will receive you unto myself; that where I am, you may be also.' (John 14:2-3)

Mansions!

I wondered what the definition of the mansion is so looked up in Wikipedia and this came up:

"A mansion is a very large dwelling house. U.S. realtors define a mansion as a dwelling of over 8,000 square feet (740 m2). A traditional European mansion was defined as a house which contained a ballroom and tens of bedrooms. Today, however, there is no formal definition beyond being a large and well-appointed house".

I know that the essence of heaven glory and happiness is not a mansion that Jesus promised us, but still I enjoy immensely the very thought of it that everyone of us will have its own well-appointed house. Oh, yes, well-appointed, because it will be a masterpiece of Jesus' himself, who is a source of all geniuses on earth - be it architect genius, interior designer's genius, gardener's genius, any genius that we, humans, have been bestowed upon by the Lord himself...



I enjoy the very thought that you and I will have our very own mansion, our own place in Father's House, each and everyone of us...The mansion is ready and is awaiting me...The Lord has - in His thoughtfulness  - prepared for us all means and weapons we might need in our journey towards the Father's House while still on earth, living among many dangers and temptations...He gave us His Church, he taught us the Way and the Truth, and gave us Life in abundance...He gave us Himself in His Living Word and in Eucharist...He gave us our parochial community and apostolic movements in His Church as a safe heaven in rough waters of modern world...

He gave us prayer as a way to communicate with Him, He gave us Sacraments among which Sacraments of Divine Mercy - Reconciliation and Eucharist - ensure we are always with Him traveling along the path which He is...

It is only up to me that I do not turn out to be complete retard or moron to reject Lord's invitation and to fail to make it up to Father's House where my mansion awaits me, well-appointed and ready...

It really scares living daylights out of me to think about those well-appointed magnificent mansions in Father's House - vacant for eternity - because their owners just played foul game with their own lives and landed somewhere else... having rejected Lord's masterpiece of salvation and everything He did to make sure that we do not lack any help we might need in our journey to Father's House...How painful, how bitter it must be for Jesus...His love, passion and commitment rejected and betrayed...It is something like betraying passionate love of someone who fell in love in someone else, but that person simply did not care about this 'crazy' love, despised it, did not respond with love or cared more for someone else and left that loving person out in the cold...forever...


 I remember vividly what my Mum's lifelong dream was...

She dreamed always (and shared with me on several occasions) about having a simple house in the countryside without stairs leading to the main door, so she could easily move in and out and go to the garden as all her adult life she had walking problems and needed cane to support herself for many years. The fact the we lived on the third floor first and then (moving to our own apartment in downtown Kraków) on the ninth in an apartment not even remotely close to the mansion or cottage definition - certainly didn't not invoke any charm in her...

I close my eyes today and see her now standing in the porch of the mansion in Father's House 'compound', smiling as she finally fulfilled her lifelong dream... with no fear that this dream will ever end...

I always wanted my Mum to visit me here in Kiabakari...my house has no steps leading to the main door...alas, the distance, climate and her poor health didn't allow us to make it happen when she was alive...But she is with me now...I feel it... in her well-appointed mansion looking upon us and Kiabakari...

No comments:

Post a Comment