Thursday, May 13, 2010

Getting There...

Just came back from a regular Small Christian Community prayer meeting. This time it was the community of Catholics working as prison wardens and their families. We usually meet at the recreation hall of the prison compound, designed for prison officers and their families to relax, chat and buy/drink some soft drinks...

It was raining all night in Kiabakari and the area. In particular in the area of the prison called Nyamongo. It was not raining that heavily in my area. So I thought things were not that bad even if there was a slight drizzle when I was leaving the mission heading to Nyamongo. I didn't check with the Christians there what was the condition of the road. I should have...My 17 year old truck forgot long time ago what 4WD drive was all about, it has been out of order for long time and it is too expensive to repair it.

I was lucky to pass through...It is only 5 kilometers from the mission to prison compound. The road condition was quite bad and car was 'dancing' in slippery mud...Judge for yourself...
 

 
How different was the 'taste' of the Rosary we prayed together with Christians in Nyamongo though, when I was able to get through the mud and reach the awaiting community! Quite different to the bad taste of failure I had last Sunday when I was unable to pass the flooded stretch of the road leading to one of my outstations called Kamugegi....and Christians remained there with their catechist leading the prayer service instead of celebrating Holy Mass with me...

No comments:

Post a Comment