Monday, May 24, 2010

Day off

How convenient that my weekly day off is on Mondays. It comes very handy today as I feel trashed and physically and psychologically exhausted by last week's challenges, work and responsibilities. The voice of reason demanded in full voice deep down in me:

I needed to get out of Kiabakari and drive to Musoma to take my mind off things, even if only for just a few hours. So, right after morning Holy Mass and quick breakfast, got my bag with laptop and drove to Musoma. Checked post office box if there was any new mail (none, sadly, today!). So, I said to myself: 'What a heck, let's do it! Let's have a day off!'


Well, don't get me wrong! My idea of day off has nothing in common with Ferris Bueller's idea of day off in that famous movie:

 

Then drove here to my favourite restaurant, with shaded open space and - what is most important - power socket near my favorite table, so I can plug in my laptop and work in peace, undisturbed by anyone, as I am always alone on Monday mornings here.

Later on I expect a colleague of mine to join me for lunch as we need to plan summer holidays schedule. Many of us, Polish missionaries, go for holidays to Europe (it just occurred, unfortunately, this year that most of us go, and this causes a lot of thinking and planning what to do with Mass schedules in their parishes etc...). So, he needs my help in his parish, which I am willing to do, obviously, as the reciprocity rule binds us naturally - you go, I will help you. When I go, you will help me either.

So, here I am in this open shaded area, sipping Africafe coffee and enjoying calm environment with noone around.

And I may go for Nile perch grilled fillet with boiled potatoes and veg salad for lunch. Fish from Lake Victoria is ranking high among the finest and tastiest fish species around the globe. Yummy!

Enjoying my day off immensely today... So, next time you feel trashed, exhausted, worn out, burned out....

1 comment:

  1. You sure deserve a day off. Pentecost Sunday was a real Pentecost. I loved the inculturation elements and the colour of it all. So exuberant. Only problem was 4 hours for Holy Mass - there would be no-one left in congregation here for that length of time.Enjoyed the video of the Thanksgiving song - we need to liven things up a bit here in the Liturgy!!

    ReplyDelete