Tuesday, May 18, 2010

A Bad Idea...

Yesterday afternoon I got visitors. They came from Nyakahoja Parish in Mwanza, run by Jesuit Fathers. They traveled from Mwanza to pay their respect at the tomb of the Father of the Nation, the Servant of God Mwalimu Julius Kambarage Nyerere in Butiama, then came down to Kiabakari to visit Divine Mercy Shrine and pray a bit to Jesus,King of Mercy.

On their way back, my housekeeper came to see me and passed the message from the visitors that they wished to see me for a moment. So, I went out to see them and after customary set of greetings, we went on with talking about this place and their place and who they are and I am etc...

I invited them to come for a full scale pilgrimage and they invited me to come and pray in their church in Nyakahoja in Mwanza City. Okey!

I continued with the idea that -since my Sisters who work since January this year in Kiabakari are from the Congregation of Little Servants of Mary Immaculate which is very close related to Jesuit Fathers as their spiritual directors (especially in Poland where this congregation was founded in 19th century - I will wrote more about Sisters, their congregation and their apostolate in Kiabakari as a independent story) - it wouldn't be such a bad thing to invite Jesuits to take over Kiabakari mission and Shrine and thus take care also of spiritual life of Sisters.

Just as I finished saying this to the father who was in a driver's seat at that time already, I felt horrible pain in my left hand. The Jesuit seminarian upon getting into the back seat of Toyota Hilux they came in, slammed the back door without noticing that my hand is resting on the metal separating doors, and my little finger got smashed! When I finally was able to free the finger, I was dancing with stars (in my eyes!).

I thought it's broken, but luckily it was not the case. Got it under cold water for several minutes, worked it slowly, put some ointment which allegedly was to help with preventing swelling of the finger. It worked. Finger is saved, but I feel numbness and the tip of the finger has not regained full sensitivity yet...

I guess the idea of inviting Jesuits to Kiabakari was not so good after all. I reckon this was the sign from heaven that the Lord was displeased with my way of thinking and slapped me in the little finger.

So, next time watch your fingers while playing God and figuring out the future by yourself instead of asking Him! You may get caught! Ouch!

No comments:

Post a Comment