Monday, June 14, 2010

Fort Jesus

Still in Mombasa, leaving for Bura in Taita Mountains in a couple of hours. Doing photocopies of seminar materials, for group and individual works and for the retreat which will follow immediately the seminar. Just got the full list of names of participants, some 60 sisters expected to take part. This will be even larger group than the previous one. Which makes me only happier, as it is always pleasant to have strong audience to share with what is dear and important to my heart and faith.


Last time I was here, sisters went to extremes to show me the place around, all important landmarks, places, which allowed me to feel the ambiance of the city. In particular, one place drew my closer attention, which is Fort Jesus. See some pictures of it on internet here. Or google the name to get more.

I love the name of this military establishment. The size of this thing is mesmerizing, letting my imagination loose as I tried to figure out how in those time those Portuguese settlers built this immense structure in the shape of man (as seen from above). I love its shape and color, texture and height of walls and the view stretching out to the Indian Ocean...

Following are a few pictures I took on my mobile in April this year.

This warning sign cracked me up! It says: Swim with caution. No savior! Yeah, Fort Jesus and no savior around!

No comments:

Post a Comment