Sunday, June 27, 2010

Silent Mode

I like the reflection on today's Sunday readings I found on a blog of Fr. Tom Hoisington, OP. Read it here. It evoked a myriad of memories and mental journeys in the past and present, reading into my own life and lives of people I serve in Kiabakari, family members, friends and those I have met in my life and interacted with in many ways.
I asked myself if my inner hotline with God is on silent mode for most of time? Maybe it is not only on silent mode but also vibration is set to off to ignore God's calling completely, or rather, to remain oblivious of the very existence of this hotline and God's active presence in my life, preferring to stick to life of constant moaning and complaints that God has abandoned me and I'm all alone in this world? Or maybe I neglected this hotline with God and when I come back to my senses and return to Him, what I will discover is a whole bunch of missed calls and full inbox with smses from the Lord, unaswered?

Maybe my life has become a one way traffic with God calling me and me just staring at the caller's ID and doing nothing, just letting the call die without picking it up? Again preferring to not get involved as I might have to change something in my life or to make uncomfortable decision or accept challenge that would demand something from me?

Maybe I do the talking when I decide to accept God's call? With no letting God to have a chance to say a Word of Life to me? I guess this is what me and you are doing most - one way prayer - we do the talking, then cut off the line. No chance for conversation. Just an automated customer service hotline. 'Leave your message after the beep' sort of communication. Then again we wonder why God never answers our prayers? Simply, we do not give Him a chance and we are not expecting even Him to speak as we cut Him off as soon as we are finished with our prayers.

I tend to agree that I am in all these types of miscommunications I shared above. What about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment