Thursday, June 24, 2010

World Cup 2010

It is everywhere here in East Africa. Soccer / football (call it whatever you like!) frenzy is felt and visible simply everywhere.

I've just landed in Dar es Salaam and before I proceed further on, decided to get a quick refreshment in Flamingo Restaurant in the airport terminal. Big flat screen TVs everywhere with replays of soccer games and appropriate ambiance along with it.



Waiters and waitresses busy watching TVs, with eyes fixed in religious-like attention. People are very proud to be hosts of World Cup on African soil for the first time. Sad only that their teams are doing badly and now all have become fans of Ghana team.

I asked for menu and check what I got.


Now, I am at crossroads...What to choose? I like Torres's Bye-Cycle. Or should I take Kaka's By Pass? Both sound scary though if the names mean what they say .... I guess I stay with mineral water...

No comments:

Post a Comment