Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Muffins

Tomorrow is the big day for children from our school. They are going on school tour to Serengeti National Park. You can only imagine how excited they are! Since I came to Kiabakari in 1991, I have never heard of any school tours in government primary schools in our area to Serengeti. So, tomorrow is a historic day. The very first ever school safari to the Pride of the Nation - the Serengeti National Park...


I won't be able to go myself as tomorrow is a busy day with agenda I cannot postpone or to let go. But it will be a memorable and a happy day, I hope, for our two volunteers - Marianna and Marija - who will go with the children as accompanying teachers. Such a great coincidence and I feel very happy for them, that in the first week of their work in our school, they will go to Serengeti!

The keyword to the success of tomorrow's adventure is 'muffins'. We have decided with M&M and sisters that the best breakfast for kids on the bus will be muffins, juice, water and sandwiches. And this is what M&M are going to prepare in the afternoon when they come back from school for lunch.

There is no better way to bond with children that a trip like this, so I am sure after tomorrow's safari Marianna and Marija will be 'pete na kidole' (a ring and a finger - a Swahili saying meaning very close relationship) with their little students.

Safari njema! God bless and protect you in your school tour!

No comments:

Post a Comment