Thursday, June 2, 2011

Lighthouse Family

Their songs accompany me in the last two days as I tried to fight the clock and get everything in place and ready for the first volunteers who will give a comprehensive test to the renovated and refurbished St. Martha House and the premises...


I was so happy to get a SMS from one of them. A very short one saying only - 'Flying!', meaning that their were about to take off from Split to London, then - as I write these words - to connect with another plane on their way to Dar es Salaam with stopover in the Middle East.

I'm relieved that one of my friends in Dar will pick them up, give them shelter and bring them back to the airport on Saturday morning ready for their flight to Mwanza where I will be waiting for them at the airport.

Last touches here and there, reminding myself constantly - what else... But at the end of the day, I must say that - in what was humanely possible, we tried what we could.

Now it is up to Mare and Marija to put our efforts to test in order to make the living of future volunteers as comfortable and user friendly as possible under circumstances....

Safe flight, ladies! Praying for you! And wishing you the all the best in your service for the benefit of children in Kiabakari!

Something to listen to while waiting for them...



No comments:

Post a Comment