Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Sweet And Sour

Safely back home after a quick trip to Mwanza and to Dar - with Mare and Mare staying in Mwanza for two days, to get a feeling of the second largest city in Tanzania, and me hopping to Dar for business and coming back to collect M&M and drive back to Kiabakari. Everything would be perfect if not stomach bug which first got Marjanna, then Marija and now me. But I know the reason at least...


Sweet and sour chicken which I ordered for myself at Malaika Beach Resort in Mwanza, where I invited Mare and Mare and Heather (our host in SMA Regional House in Mwanza) for lunch, translates apparently  to: sweet smile on the face of the waiter cashing you on overprized food and my sour stomach after eating that crap.

But thanks to coca-cola miracle elixir which I have just applied on our arrival home, things will be just fine, as it beats all detergents - harpic, axion, dettol, jik put together.

Still, I am unpleasantly surprised, though warned before, that the quality of the cuisine there lags behind the beautiful setup of the place on the shore of Lake Victoria with a view of Mwanza International Airport just a kilometer away... Shame to spoil the perfect three days with the last unfortunate meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment