Saturday, June 11, 2011

Unwritten Books

"There are also many other things that Jesus did, but if these were to be described individually, I do not think the whole world would contain the books that would be written." (Jn 21:25b) This sentence from this morning Mass touched me powerfully. The books that would be written. Unwritten books...

These unwritten books, or - if you will - books being written or about to be written, or books being edited, what are these???

As I asked myself celebrating the morning Mass in the shrine, I looked at the congregation and thought - we are those books that are being written by us with our own thoughts, words and deeds. Sometimes writing in red with our failures and sins, sometimes with blue ink (or rather - gold ink) with deeds of mercy and love...

That is why Jesus did not wish for Evangelists to write everything in their Gospels. There is this Fifth Gospel which is written by us day by day as we journey towards the Judgement Day when it comes finally...

How do you feel being a book edited day by day by yourself with the help of the Holy Spirit and distracted at the same time by the Evil One?

Happy Pentecost to everyone! I will pray for you and offer a special Mass for all readers of my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment