Saturday, June 18, 2011

Sitting Allowance

The Members of Tanzanian Parliament may be in hot water discussing the constitutionality or not of their sitting allowance and other benefits, dragging the whole society into the heated debate. But in my little remote corner of Tanzania and the world, I ask myself only one question this morning - will my body give me enough sitting allowance to attend the important meeting of the parochial council with some crucial agendas that cannot be postponed or moved ahead bit further...


Sadly, my body gives me negative signals. Nope, you won't make it. Shame... I will have to met the executive committee before the meeting in an hour or so and plan the course of action while here at home, as I still feel unwell and not ready to venture outside the house, with this nasty dizziness and feeble legs...

After all, it is not us who make things happen, but the Holy Spirit. So, we will do whatever is possible under circumstances, talk and plan whatever is necessary, then lay leaders will proceed with refining the details...

Imagine, how such a small malaria parasite can make such a mess in the whole parish life! ...

Waiting for the members of the executive committee, while listening to a tune that I find touching this morning and responding well to depression which always accompanies me during malaria...


Where were you when I was burned and broken
While the days slipped by from my window watching
Where were you when I was hurt and helpless
Because the things you say and the things you do surround me
While you were hanging yourself on someone else's words
Dying to believe in what you heard
I was staring straight into the shining sun

Lost in thought and lost in time
While the seeds of lifeand the seeds of change were planted
Outside the rain fell dark and slow
While I pondered on this dangerous but irresistible pastime
I took a heavenly ride through our silence
I knew the moment had arrived
For killing the past and coming back to life

I took a heavenly ride through our silence
I knew the waiting had begun
And headed straight..into the shining sun...


No comments:

Post a Comment