Thursday, June 9, 2011

Our Daily Bread

Continuing with the slow recovery from malaria, but not idle. Baking bread for tonight's supper, Polish style. One thing that we, Poles, miss most here in Tanzania, is our daily bread, Polish bread, the best in the world, I don't mind saying... So tonight at least we will part from white toast bread available around here, and indulge in home baked loaf of bread with a preserve and a nice cup of aromatic tea. Simple but stylish...

Talking about daily bread, I recall a sign I spotted once in one of the markets in Trenton, New Jersey, USA. Funny but true...


Our not so daily bread, we all are eagerly anticipating to share tonight, will look like this one below I baked a while ago. Such a simple food, but evoking so many fond memories of home, my family, childhood happy days, togetherness...


Come over and join us for this simple homey dinner in great company...


No comments:

Post a Comment