Sunday, September 4, 2011

He Found Me

On Thursday Tom asked me to present San Damiano crosses to pupils in one of the primary schools in his parish. San Damiano cross is the one from which Jesus spoke to young Francis of Assisi in San Damiano church... Yesterday Jesus spoke to me from the same cross through a special place and through a special woman. I thought that I was flying to Ireland to meet St. Patrick, but this time Saint Patrick invited Saint Francis of Assisi to meet me here, in the Emerald Island...He knew I would be unable to go to Assisi this time, so Saint Francis came over here to speak to me...



Owing to my wonderful Guardian Angels, Lena and Bridie, I was blessed with an amazing time yesterday afternoon and evening. I feel overwhelmed and speechless, awkward and amazed, that things like these happen to me...

 Lena and Bridie drove me to Faughart, the birthplace of St. Brigid, the Patroness of Ireland, where we had time to pray a bit and walk the Stations of the Way of the Cross. It was intriguing to see those special ten stones which - as people believe - can cure various ailments... Surely, I put my own head into to head stone so my head can get sorted out at last.

Hips Stone
Head stone - I put my head into this white circle
Knees stone - I would like to bring my Dad here so he can cure his knees
From the shrine, we hopped to Poor Clares monastery, some 2 kilometers away.


When we arrived there, I suddenly realized that I was already there once, two years ago, with a pilgrimage from Armagh parish, together with Father Eugene. Then it was a meeting with a priest and a nun from USA who formed some kind of charismatic movement in USA. It was interesting back then, though I am not a member of charismatic movement anyway...

This time though we were alone and were met by sister Rose, who showed us around, explained the history of the place, its meaning and finally prayed for us in the monastery chapel. Our short visit in the monastery shop prompted amazing conversation between us, and I felt again the presence of Saint Francis of Assisi in the person of Sister Rose, or maybe I should rather say - the presence of St. Claire? Anyhow, I asked sister for prayer for the discernment of spirit for me as the call to contemplative life is awakening in me again... Back then, in seminary, I was told by my spiritual director that it was a temptation of the Evil One, and that my place was in the active service of the Church. This desire came back again these days, and I am not sure what to think about it. Certainly, I will not make any decisions on my own. The time will tell and I am sure the Lord will give me a sign...Still, the prayer for discernment is necessary...

Saint Francis of Assisi wrote a rule for hermits, he knows what is going on in me, so I commit myself to him as well... And to your kind prayers, if I may humbly ask so...

Then, we drove to Carlingford, a lovely town on the opposite shore (to Warrenpoint) of Carlingford Lough.


It was a lovely finale to the beautiful and meaningful day which I owe to my Guardian Angels... How will I ever repay them for all goodness, care, concern and love to Kiabakari and to me?

Today is the last day of my short visit in Ireland. I could not expect such a warm and overwhelming welcome from my hosts and beloved friends. I will leave the emerald Island with renewed love and respect for this mystical land and its great people.

May the enemies of Ireland never eat bread nor drink whiskey,
but be afflicted with itching without the benefit of scratching!

 

2 comments:

  1. The wonder of you, Wojciech! Magnificant reflection on St. Brigid's shrine and great pictures not to mention how the Francisan spirit lives on in Erin's isle .May Sister Sun shine upon you when you set foot in Poland. The house is lonely tonight without you but we have great memories of such good times over the past few days. I enjoyed your final sentence of the blog -real funny. Safe flying and love galore from the Daly clan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Safely back home in Krakow, but sad to leave my family and true home in Ireland...Till we meet again! Thank you so much again and again for who you have been to me in the past years and in the past few days. I'm speechless and overwhelmed with joy, relief and peace... All thanks to you, Lena, Tom, Bridie and Peter! Not forgetting Eugene!!!

    ReplyDelete