Saturday, September 24, 2011

Home Run

The last Sunday in Poland before I fly back to Tanzania. How proper it is that I spend it in the midst of my own folk, in my home parish. Having spent the whole month on medical checkups and treatments, taking care of this and that, visiting and planning for the imminent future, now it is time for home run...


I've just came back from the Sunday Vigil Mass and the first  homily I prepared for the occasion. The general feeling is positive. I was a bit apprehensive before, thinking that my state of exhaustion and weariness will take a toll on me, but surprisingly I felt at peace and confident that it will be ok.

The new element, introduced for the very first time in Mission Sunday regular proceeding, which we as Foundation Kiabakari, prepared for tomorrow - is the Mission Tent. My volunteers will set up a tent in the church plaza, selling my books, giving out a special postcard from Kiabakari, displaying Tanzanian art and music, giving out foundation leaflets and flyers, meeting parishioners, showing musical instruments, fabrics, explaining volunteerism in the foundation, how to help us, how to get involved closer in Kiabakari etc...

I hope the weather stays hot and sunny as today, so the turnout of the parochial community is good.

Please, keep your fingers crossed and say a little prayer for the success of the day. The entire revenue of the day will go to the construction of the second classroom in Blessed John Paul II Center for Education and Formation in Kiabakari. It is a mighty worthy cause and I encourage you to support it with whatever means at your disposal.

Thanks in advance for your kind spiritual and financial assistance! God bless us all!

You are all welcome tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment