Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Source

Today was a special day...


First, meeting with the director of the missions department of our Archdiocese of Kraków. Then meeting with the Cardinal Dziwisz and sharing the current developments in the missions and Kiabakari in particular. It was a very brief but lovely meeting and I enjoyed it much. Then I was able to greet other people in archdiocesan curia and share a word or two with them, above all with Bishop Jan Zając, my former rector in Metropolitan Seminary...

Then I went to see my classmate, a bishop-elect Grzegorz Ryś. Before he came back to seminary (he was a rector the seminary for a few years and now has been elected as an auxiliary to the Archdiocese), I had some 90 minutes for myself and private prayer in places so much known and loved and respected by me in the seminary.

First of all, the major chapel in the seminary, then the upper chapel of Our Lady where I received my missionary call. As I entered the upper chapel, I shivered. I sat in the very same place in which I sat in May 1990 when the call came... And today I prayed a Holy Rosary in the very same spot, recapitulating what has happened ever since, what is now and what are my dreams, hopes and fears are for the future... It was a special moment...

When bishop-elect arrived from the meeting of rectors of all major seminaries in Poland (the meeting was held today in Wawel Hill), we had a time for ourselves, for chat, for best wishes to him, for sharing few moments together... It felt great to be in the presence of my classmate, soon to be consecrated as the bishop and talking about our love and passion for the Church and important issues...

Thank you, o Lord, for this special day! I ask you to bless each and everyone You granted me to meet and share with today...

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had this opportunity to reconnect with your missionary roots and those wonderful church people. I can imagine you have some really good sharing not to mention what went in your mind as you prayed and reflected in the upper chapel of Our Lady. May you blessed like this every day. Lena

    ReplyDelete