Friday, September 9, 2011

A Heart For Kiabakari

I was moved and emotional yesterday celebrating a Holy Mass in the parochial church of my classmate, with the mission support team of the parish who have been aiding me for the past few years. It was very important as I wrote before - to stand among them and say 'thank you'... So I did. And it felt so good to tell my friends how much I appreciate heir firm support and care... But what happened after he Mass surpassed all my imagnation... The way the get together in the parochial hall was prepared! A heart for Kiabakari theme of the event was ever present in the shape of baked hearts and decorations. I was presented with a huge heart which caused my heart to melt away and bring a tear or two to my eyes... It was an incredible evening of friendship, care for missions, sharing and planning for future - in particular for a delegation of the parish community to finally respond to my long standing invitation to come over to Kiabakari. I was a happy bunny yesterday to see all that affection towards Kiabakari and the willingness to visit us in Kiabakari. Thanks be to God!

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful and so much deserved as your heart beats continually for Kiabakari. So glad you had you had this joyous occasion and outpouring of support for you and the great missionary work you do. May you continue to meet people who have a feeling for what you do and the people you serve.Great encouragement in a very difficult mission areaof Africa. As you say one cannot understand you fully wihtout Kiabakari - we know !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. But I miss Kiabakari already and I'm glad that in a couple of weeks will go back to Tanzania...

    ReplyDelete