Thursday, September 1, 2011

Serenity

Arrived to Dublin yesterday afternoon. Was overwhelmed and totally happy spotting Tom in the arrival hall. Felt like coming home...

It's been over twenty years since we first met and made friends. The chemistry between Tom, Lena, their relatives, Eugene, the Burns and myself never faded away inspite of the distance between Tanzania and Ireland.

Whenever I get a chance to come over here, I do so to reconnect and to come back to my missionary roots. The serenity that encompasses me here is beyond imagination...

And I know, though the schedule of my short visit is going to be tight a bit, this feeling of serenity is not going to give in to the list of meetings and things to do.

How can I not be grateful to God and St. Patrick for giving me this wonderful time with my friends in Emerald Island? Away from stresses and frustrations of Kiabakari and family issues back in Poland...

The real holidays began yesterday and though it will last only for four days, it may be quite enough to reset myself and cleanse the mind and soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment