Sunday, February 13, 2011

Clad In Warmth

Tomorrow is the 'exciting' Valentine Day. Yet another commercial twister to spin spending in a dead market season between Christmas and Easter. In Tanzania, Valentine frenzy picks up gradually year by year, copy&pasting what others have been doing elsewhere in the world. I don't celebrate Siku ya Wapendanao (as they call it here in Swahili language) as I believe love is an all-weather, all-seasons sensation, decision, attitude, feeling, commitment... not a once-a-year jerk of conscience reminding one to proclaim love to the loved one and then remaining as a living routine, blunt relationship devoid of spark, connection and passion...


Every day of my life is a genuine Valentine Day, living my love to those whom I love truly and dearly, in sun and rain, in cold and heat, in good times and misfortunes... Everyday I send my Valentine cards of love praying for those I love, communicating, worrying for them, taking care of them, and enclosing all my feelings, worries and joys in the Sacred Host elevated above the Eucharistic altar, celebrating once a week a Holy Mass for my Beloved and Friends...


My love to you surely is poor and imperfect, but what I can say only is that it is genuine and lived with all my heart to the best of my abilities...

God Who is Love may keep you safe in His hands and bless you the way He only can and help you to flourish and shine in your inner beauty and love ... as I ask for this clad in warmth of my feelings to you and gratitude to God Who is Love for this undeserved gift of meeting you in my life and loving you...


This lovely song I dedicate to all of you who I love...


2 comments:

  1. Happy Valentine Day, Wojciech even though it is valentine's day with you every day- may you experience an extra bit of love from your friends today. Congratulations on your first standard class starting - what a wonderful opportunity you are providing for these little ones. How blessed they are to have you ministering to their needs during these early years. So sorry the photos of graduating class got lost - i hope they will turn up. Just want to let you know that Kenneth Burns is home for 6 weeks holidays. Gerry and Maura are delighted with his progress. He will be returning to his job in Australia only it will be more desk bound now.Tom says he is a living miracle -so your earnest prayers for him were well answered. Writing in your blog about choices reminds me of Robert Frost's poem - The Road Not Taken where he says " Two roads diverged in a wood, and I - I took the one less travelled by, And that has made all the difference. I know that every day you journey on the less travelled road and I hope you will find many pleasant surprises along the way. Feel loved by all us Irish folk today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for Kenneth! I love this great lad! Thank God he's doing well, under circumstances. And he must be grateful to God that he has such a wonderful family, full of love 'in action' not in words only! I love them and respect immensely. If I only I could know how to contact them directly by mail (can I ask you to enquire on this for me, which way of communication is suitable to them? I would love to call Ken and speak to him a bit)...

    These less traveled roads I quite scary and full of loneliness, yet truly breathtaking as every day we have to measure ourselves against the unknown lurking behind every corner...

    Meanwhile, please convey my deepest regards and love to the Burns (and Ken in particular) and needless to say - to Tom and all the clan. Love you guys! Happy Valentine! xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete