Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Rider On The Storm

What an awesome pleasure it was to ride into the storm yesterday afternoon, heading to Musoma Post Office to get a long awaited parcel (sent as a gift on my 20th anniversary of work as a missionary in Tanzania) by my fantastic friends in Poznań, Poland, along with the packet containing my high blood pressure drugs that I am about to start taking to combat this brand-new condition to me, which arrived conveniently at the same time...

After a prolonged period of drought of almost two months, the heavy downpour came, unfortunately not in Kiabakari, but from Isaba village up to Musoma. It was a spectacular display of the magnitude of nature forces as the darkness eclipsed the whole area and the rage of thunderstorm pounded the helpless but happy at the same time area...


It felt so special to drive straight into this spectacle of sights and sounds of angry skies where boundaries between heaven and earth were no longer discernible. Wipers were unable to dispose of the torrential rain on the windscreen, so I was trotting slowly led by intuition and the well know map of the road imprinted in my memory rather with what I was able to see in front of me... Many vehicles parked alongside the highway, with only a few brave ones who ventured to continue their journey making sure we give ourselves enough speak while passing each other as we went in opposite directions...


Such an awesome experience it was...breathtaking!

Thanks be to God to remind me that my life is nothing riding the storm, yet I am safe and secure in the shell of His loving hands, as I was safe and dry yesterday inside of the vehicle body driving through the thunderstorm on my way to Musoma...


No comments:

Post a Comment