Sunday, February 13, 2011

Crossroads

"Before man are life and death, good and evil, whichever he chooses shall be given him". (Sir 15:17) Someone once said: 'Having chosen once, I have to choose every day..." ... Well, I guess it is not enough to choose every day. Not only every day, but every hour, every second, every time I have to make a decision which way to go, what to say, what to do, what to choose, how to react, what to think, how to understand someone or something - in which light - Divine Light, light of faith or simple enlightenment of my human reason? What is the outcome of my decisions? I am free to choose... surely my past experiences, my past choices, things I am used to do, will influence somehow my present decisions or will incline me to tend to choose something over something else... but still I am absolutely free at the end of the day to choose... and I have to live with my decision... and some of them are irreversible and I have to live with the outcome of these decisions forever... This freedom God has given us out of His love and respect for us is scary...

Image by Martin Liebermann - R0024383-e2_550.jpg (www.martin-liebermann.de)

I wonder how in God's eyes my life safari looks like? With all these intertwined paths of my choices, going left and right, back and forth, taking turns to life, then to death, then back again...stopping in my tracks, thinking, taking wrong decisions, then right ones, then falling down, then standing up and pressing ahead... This freedom of choice is a truly demanding gift of God, difficult to use properly at times...we need His help to handle ourselves correctly... 





No comments:

Post a Comment