Friday, February 10, 2012

Ruling Supreme

Driving this time to Bunda and back, 70 kilometers in total, during the construction of the highway and in dry season is like driving through sand storm in Sahara desert. The fine dust rules supreme. It is everywhere, you feel it in your eyes, nose, mouth, hair... My old beaten up truck has no air conditioning working, so I need to drive with windows wound own, otherwise I would suffocate in the extreme heat. The skin of my face is completely dry and feels unpleasant, my lips which I instinctively lick from time to time to lubricate them and keep moist, developed fine cuts already which pain a lot. Time to use lubricative lipsticks, I guess :) I'm obsessed at the moment with a persistent thought of Zanzibar pristine beach, nice breeze, shadow under a palm tree and an ice cold drink...deep sigh...

No comments:

Post a Comment